School Data/Assessment Collection
Student Support Center assists schools in collecting and using data to determine school needs and develop effective interventions and procedures. The Center assists schools to develop data-tracking systems and has expertise in conducting assessments on the student, classroom and school-wide levels.
The Student Level
- Phonological Awareness Literacy Screening (PALS) for Pre-K 3 and 4 year olds (assesses letter knowledge, phonological awareness and print/word awareness)Peabody Picture Vocabulary Test-4 (PPVT-4) for Pre-K 3 and 4 year olds (assesses receptive vocabulary skills).
- Classroom observations of individual students at all grade levels to provide feedback to teachers regarding the handling of the student’s problem behaviors.
The Classroom Level
- Classroom Assessment Scoring System (CLASS) for Pre-K 3 and 4 classrooms. The Center’s staff conducts the assessment and provides individual feedback/coaching as well as school-wide professional development to improve teacher performance on the various dimensions.
- Early Language & Literacy Classroom Observation (ELLCO) Pre-K to assess the quality of the literacy environment in early childhood classrooms. Informal Classroom.
- Observations – Staff are available to provide observations of the teachers to assist them in developing skills/strategies to more effectively management their classrooms.
- School-Wide Behavioral Assessment to guide schools to establish Effective Behavioral Support (EBS) systems in their schools.
- School-Wide Information System (SWIS) to track office referrals in order to develop strategies to effectively address the patterns/problems identified.
- Attendance Tracking Systems to more effectively identify truant students.
- School-Wide Needs Assessments – The Center’s staff conduct teacher, student and staff surveys on school climate, social/emotional skill-building, bullying, etc. and provide technical assistance/training to schools to improve in identified areas of need.
- After-School Assessments – the Center conducts assessment of afterschool program to assist schools to identify and address areas of need.