Student Support Teams (SST’s)
The Student Support Center works with schools to develop highly effective Student Support Teams. The Center understands the importance of this process not just for individual students, but for its impact on teachers, administrators, and overall school climate. The Center offers the following support:
- Training for staff on what SST’s are and how they should operate, including helping to create forms and create a streamlined referral process.
- A checklist for highly functioning SST’s for schools to use as a guideline as they develop their teams
- Observation and coaching during meetings in order to support SST members in their roles.
- Coaching school staff to determine their role, what relevant documentation they should be bringing to meetings, and support them in implementing interventions.
- Professional development for teachers and staff on appropriate social and emotional development in order to increase the number of appropriate SST referrals
- Training and support on Behavior Intervention Plans and Functional Behavior Assessments, as well as proper data collection and how to use data to drive intervention